Supplier Quality & Relationship Coordinator
At Lancashire Farm, we value committed and reliable people who help us deliver a first-class product. We’re expanding both the scope and scale of our operation and there are many opportunities to succeed and make a difference within this growing organisation.
As Supplier Quality and Relationship Coordinator, you’ll be the integral link between Lancashire Farm and our suppliers. The role will involve supporting and liaising with farmers on a range of issues including milk quality, antibiotic investigations, and producer payments.
Your excellent relationship building skills will mean that you’re valued as a first point of contact for farmers and you’ll work with our farmers to achieve high standards of milk quality and continuity of milk supply.
- Manage producer relationships and ensure on-going engagement.
- Be first point of contact for farmers and liaise with departments internally to resolve and respond to producer queries.
- Provide credible technical information and advice to farmers in relation to milk sampling and testing.
- Maintain an up to date awareness of regulations and legislation that affects the dairy industry.
- Oversee and proactively review antibiotic testing results and provide appropriate feedback to producers.
- Oversee milk testing and sampling (physiochemical parameters, solids & fat content).
- Raising packaging and finished good non-conformances with suppliers.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure robust root cause analysis of any issues identified
- Provide high quality support and advice to dairy farmers in areas such as milk quality, pricing and supply contracts.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with producers on an individual basis and with groups of producers at farmer meetings.
- Provide ongoing and regular feedback to the Company on views/activities/dairy farming trends in the region.
- Recruit new producers (dairy farmers) – prospecting producers and managing a continuous pipeline to service on-going changes in volume.
- Develop and monitor our Free Range initiative, supply ensuring regular checks are undertaken to ensure ongoing compliance with the scheme.
- Co-ordinate and attend farmer meetings. Represent Lancashire Farm at trade shows and exhibitions.
- Experience of working in a technical and supplier facing role.
- Familiarity with farming and/or the dairy industry.
- Proficient in the use of IT including MS office (Word, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to communicate effectively with farmers and colleagues.
- Ability to work autonomously, ensuring regular and relevant communication with stakeholders.
- Professional and positive
- Ability to speak and write English to a high level
- Confident communicator
- Organised with good time management skills
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car is required.
- Good understanding of milk pricing, milk production methods & supply contracts.
- Degree/HND level qualification (or equivalent) in agriculture or similar is desirable.
This is an office based, full time, 5 days per week role in the central Rochdale area with some producer visits required.
Post-holder must be eligible to live and work in the UK.