Key Account Manager
At Lancashire Farm, we value committed and reliable people who help us deliver a first-class product. We’re expanding both the scope and scale of our operation and there are many opportunities to succeed and make a difference within this growing organisation.
Lancashire Farm are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic, confident and tenacious Account Manager to join this ever growing FMCG brand.
You will be responsible for developing and executing the commercial growth plan for a range ofmajor retailer accounts. Specifically, this will involve growing distribution, increasing SKUs per customer, securing sales driver agreements and ensuring execution of all customer agreements.
Experience of working in a commercially oriented role or within an FMCG environment is preferable.
As Account Manager, you will be good at building strong business relationships, with effective communication and influencing skills. You will take a highly commercial approach to product costings, account planning, margin management and terms negotiations. You will also have an ability to analyse data and create reports, and to present ideas and solutions in a creative and engaging way.
- Main point of contact for agreed accounts, developing and maintaining effective relationships with the customer at all levels specifically with the relevant Category Buyer and cross functionally.
- Develop long term strategy for agreed accounts, in order to drive and grow sales value.
- Accurate forecasting across the portfolio i.e. cost price and volume.
- Identify and realize new business opportunities across the portfolio of accounts and as to agreed new business targets
- Plan and execute sales promotions and permanent listings
- Develop and win new national retailer account business
- Maximise generation of profitable sales and achieve budgeted sales and profit
- Manage the accounts’ price and promotional programmes
- Maximise sales by ensuring the highest possible levels of sales and service including individual Customer attention and negotiation of best possible sales terms.
- Review customers spend reports to identify business building opportunities with customers.
- Work alongside all other departments to ensure all customer relationships are maintained
- Be responsible for supporting the execution of retailer strategy and joint business plans, ensuring the business develops and maintains profitable business, along with planning promotions and other activities.
- Work collaboratively with the internal and external teams to deliver service level targets through better forecasting.
- Analyse market data, EPOS and other information.
- Collect and maintain accurate up to date account, channel and competitor data.
- Produce sales presentations and report market performance.
- Perform and manage store audits.
- Identify range and space opportunities.
- Utilise retailer data sources to monitor and improve performance.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders within all retailers, using these contacts to affect the business agenda.
- Administrative tasks, as required.
- A wealth of FMCG sales / commercial experience gained from a retail or start-up environment.
- Solid business acumen including successful commercial contract negotiations.
- Experience of working with supermarkets and larger retailers
- Experience of working with a premium brand.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to communicate effectively with farmers and colleagues.
- Able to use complex data from multiple sources to build powerful, persuasive customer propositions and plans.
- Excellent presentation, communication and relationship building skills
- A collaborative work style with strong customer and consumer focus
- Passion, drive and tenacity
- A smart, analytical self-starter who relishes the responsibility of working with multiple key accounts
- An entrepreneurial thinker who is comfortable working in a fast-paced SME environment
- Strong commercial acumen
- Degree or HND qualification (or equivalent).
This is an office based, full time, 5 days per week role in the central Rochdale area with some client visits required.
Post-holder must be eligible to live and work in the UK.